I created this recipe for Vegan Pasta Alfredo with Butternut Squash which I prepared for some family members that were visiting from out of town recently and for some family that I see regularly as well. I got to play with the flavors a bit and came up with two Versions: Smokey and Sweet. This recipe shows how to do it both ways there is only one slight change which I go in to it in the preparation section of the recipe.
I found the chart below on http://www.draxe.com. It gives you some facts about the health benefits of butternut squash which is the main component that this recipe revolves around.
VEGAN PASTA ALFREDO with BUTTERNUT SQUASH
2 Cups Butternut Squash
1/2 Teaspoon pepper
3 Cups uncooked Rotini
1 1/4 cup of Follow Your Heart brand Vegan Bleu Cheese
2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1/3 Cup hemp seeds
****FOR SMOKEY FLAVOR****
3 Gloves Garlic instead of Onion
****FOR SWEET FLAVOR*****
1/2 Small Red Onion instead of garlic
- Cut, peel and cube the Butternut Squash (Some grocery stores sell it pre-peeled and cubed. If you are pressed for time I suggest you go that route.)
- Finely chop garlic or thinly slice onions in your preferred way/shape
- Sauté (with 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil) chopped garlic or sliced onions until slightly brown. Put aside until later.
- Boil pasta, drain. Put aside until later.
- On low-medium heat, stir fry Butternut Squash in 1 1/2 Tablespoons of olive oil 10-15 minutes or until it is fork-tender. Stir in pepper, garlic or onions and 1 1/4 cup of Follow Your Heart brand Vegan Bleu Cheese Dressing.
- Put cooked pasta in a large bowl, stir in Butternut Squash, pepper, garlic or onions and dressing mix.
- Stir in nutritional yeast.
- Sprinkle with hemp seeds.
- SERVE with love.
Picture shows the finished product served with kale salad and guava juice mixed with sparkling water.
Thank you for stopping by the blog everyone! Subscribe if you can and follow me here– on for Instagram or like Karmic Vintage’s page –> on Facebook
*****************I WISH YOU ALL A SAFE AND HAPPY FRIDAY********************